Saturday, December 27, 2014

The New Girl

Starting at a new school is not so easy. 
Read Rachel's Diary.


COMPLETE THE TEXT USING THE VERB GIVEN IN THE CORRECT VERB FORM: PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS.(answer key follows exercise)

Today (be) _______(1) the first day at my new school. Right now, it is lunch time, and all of the students (eat) _______ _________(2) their lunches. They (sit) _______ _________(3) around the big table in the cafeteria, (talk) ________(4) in small groups. I (sit) _______ ________(5) alone. I (be) _______(6) pretty nervous. I (hope) _______(7) the other students (not, think) _______ _______ ________(8) I am weird. I (write) _______ ________(9) in my diary right now to look like I (have) _______(10) something important to do.
For lunch today, I (have) _______(11) an apple, pretzels, and a tuna fish sandwich. I (hate) _______(12) tuna fish, but my mom (love) ________(13) it. She (say) _______(14) it is good for me. She (pack) ________(15) it for me every day, so I (guess) ________(16) I have to eat it. I (also, have) ________ ________(17) some cookies. At least I (like) ________(18) to eat those.
 Hey! The girls at the big table (look) _______ ________(19) at me! What (they, want) _______ ________ ________(20)? They (laugh) _______ ________(21) at something. What (they, laugh) _______ ________ _________(22) at? I hope they (not, laugh) _______
_______ _________(23) at me. I (get) _______ ________(24) nervous again.

Oh my gosh! One of them (come)____ _________(25) this way! Stay calm, Rachel. She is not going to hurt you. She is just another girl like you, right?

Wait. Now she (hold) _______ _________(26) out her hand to me. Does she (want)
________(27) to be friends? What (she, do) _______ ________ _________(28)? Oh, I know! She (invite) _______ _________(29) me to her table! Maybe I (be, not) _______ _______(30) that weird after all!

scroll down for answer key


1 are

2 are eating

3 are sitting

4 talking

5 am sitting

6 am

7 am hoping

8 don’t think

9 am writing

10 have

11 am having

12 hate

13 loves

14 says

15 packs

16 guess

17 am also having

18 like

19 are looking

20 do they want

21 are laughing

22 are they laughing

23 aren’t laughing

24 am getting

25 is coming

26 is holding

27 want

28 is she doing

29 is inviting

30 am not / ‘m not

No comments:

Post a Comment