Let’s give this set of words a try shall we?
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Saturday, April 23, 2022
Saturday, April 16, 2022
Look at the words below which can be use with the word "sales", for example: sales potential, sales strategy, sales team:
Some of these "word partnerships" can be used to fill the gaps in the sentences below.
Please fill in the gaps. Then make some sentences of your own to help you to remember the partnerships.
Sunday, April 10, 2022
Sunday, April 3, 2022
Sunday, March 27, 2022
Sunday, March 20, 2022
Thursday, March 17, 2022
Sunday, March 13, 2022
Friday, March 11, 2022
- Dear Senior Director,
- Dear Sir or Madam,
- Dear Dr, Mr, Mrs, Miss or Ms Smith:
- Dear Frank: (use if the person is a close business contact or friend)
- With reference to your advertisement in the Times, your letter of 3rd March
- Regarding your phone call today,
- Thank you for your mail of March 5th.
- I am writing to inquire about...
- I am writing apologize for...
- I am writing to confirm...
- Could you possibly.....?
- I would be grateful if you could.....
- Would it be possible to ......?
- I would be delighted to...
- It would be my pleasure to...
- I am afraid that...
- I am enclosing...
- Please find enclosed...
- Enclosed you will find...
- Thank you for your help.
- Please contact us(me) again....
- If we(I) can help in any way. ....If/should there are any problems. ....
- If/should you have any questions,
- I look forward to ...
- Yours faithfully, (If you don't know the name of the person you're writing to)
- Yours sincerely, (If you know the name of the person you're writing to)
- Best wishes,
- Kind regards, (If the person is a close business contact or friend)
Friday, January 28, 2022
Let’s talk about certainty and probability
We often use the probable form to state opinions and give our thoughts. They may or may not be factual.
certain to/ (n. certainty)
The Swiss government is certain to follow suit with the EU on E-mobility legislation.
The certainty of following suit with the EU on E-mobility is assured.
likely to /unlikely to / (n. likelihood)
It is likely to affect employment in that sector.
The likelihood of effects on employment is high.
probable that / improbable that (n. probability)
It is probable that we will get self-driven cars sooner.
The probability of getting* self-driven cars sooner is high.
will definitely be / not be
(In my opinion) The recycling of batteries will definitely not be solved overnight.
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Friday, January 14, 2022
Thursday, January 13, 2022
Fill in the gaps with the correct word.
The key will be posted tomorrow!