Friday, February 21, 2014
JENNIFER CUTRARO and MICHAEL GONCHAR Overview | What does “good” science education look like? What experiences, good and bad, have students had in science classes? In this lesson, students explore suggestions for improving the way science is taught and make their own proposals for new approaches to science teaching.
It is for students-like you- who are learning English. There is a link to it on this page just to the right.
Why not explore one time? You will want to come back again and again!
Click here to begin
Friday, February 14, 2014
What is the FCE Listening test like? The test has four sections and takes about 40 minutes:
- Part 1 - listen to 8 recordings, each with one question
- Part 2 - listen and complete gapped sentences
- Part 3 - multiple matching, 5 speakers
- Part 4 - a longer recording, with 7 multiple choice questions
Score 1 point for each question
How to prepare for the FCE Listening test
- Listen! The more English you listen to the better your will do. Listen to the radio, English language TV, podcasts...
- You will hear the audio twice
- Read the instructions carefully before you start
- You have time to read the questions before you hear the audio
Friday, February 7, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Let's work on using the correct adjective with the noun.
A difficult exercise?
A strenuous exercise?
'This vocabulary exercise is difficult. the last one was easy'
Physical exercise can be strenuous or light.
ie 'I went on a strenuous run today. Yesterday my run was light.'
CLICK HERE to practice a bit.