Saturday, February 7, 2015

PV III Gymnasium English Handbook key pages 90-91


Page 90

Questions with who or what:

2.    What are you looking for?

3.       Who did you go to the cinema with?

4.       What was the film about?

5.       Who did you give the money to?

6.       Who was the book written by?

VERB + preposition

2.       What are they looking at?

3.       Who is she writing to?

4.       What are they talking about?

5.       What is she singing about?

6.       Which bus are they walking to?

Which …?

2. Which hotel did you stay in?

3. Which team does Jack play for?

4. Which school did you go to?

 

What is/are….like?

2. What is the food like?

3. What are the people like?

4. What is the weather like?

 

What was/were….like?

2. What was the film like?

3. What were the lessons like?

4. What was the hotel like?

Translations:

1.       Where is Jim from?  (He’s) from Australia.

2.       What are you thinking about?

3.       What are the beaches in Thailand like? (What are the beaches like in Thailand?)

4.       Which house does Mary live in?

5.       What are you waiting for?

6.       How was the food in Spain?

7.       “Julia was at a party yesterday.” “Who did she go with?”

8.       What’s Joe like?  Is he friendly?

9.       “How is your father?” “He’s doing better, thank you.”
 

 
Key        page 91                                                                             
1
  1. I  was out with friends. 
  2. We were at the Bluestown café.
  3. Was Jayne with you? 
  4. No, she wasn’t. Why?  Oh, I just wondered. 
  5. She was out with Nathan.  They were at Charley’s Pizza, I think. 
  6. No, they weren’t. How do you know? 
  7. Because I was there!
2
1.       We really enjoyed the party last night. It was great!
2.       She stayed with a host family in London last holiday.
3.       Spain played very well in the last World Cup.
4.       Her parents travelled by train from Shanghai to Moscow.
5.       I phoned you for times last night but you didn’t pick up.
6.       We walked along the beach yesterday. It was warm and sunny.
7.       She liked the musical but she didn’t like the actors.
8.       The workers stopped work at exactly noon.
9.       I listened to the newest Bligg album yesterday.  It’s fantastic.
10.   They talked to the police about the robbery.  It was terrible.
3
  1. She didn’t like the film.
  2. Because it was boring, she didn’t stay for the end. they/arrive(?) home late yesterday
  3. Did you ask her for Susan’s address?
  4. He didn’t enjoy the concert at the Hult Centre at all
  5. We didn’t talk about school at all.
4.
  1. When did he die?
  2. Where did you (*) stop for the night?
  3. What did you (*) want to have for dinner?
  4. When did the yearn a lot of money?
  5. Who moved to Sydney in July?
  6. When did the Johnson family move to Sydney?
  7. Who did you(*) visit last night?
*Note This is a direct question to another person-not a question back to you the speaker:
  Compare:                 I saw my teacher today. When did you see your teacher? √
I saw my teacher today. When did  I  see my teacher?  X
The second sentence is nonsense.
Correct:               We walked a long way.  How far did you walk?
We stopped working at 10.  When did you stop working?
I ate some bread?  What did you eat?
 5.
1.    They worked on Monday but they didn’t work on Tuesday.
2.    I called and talked to Sue last night but I didn’t talk to Joanne.
3.    I did my homework but you didn’t do yours.
4.    She had a pen but she didn’t have any paper.
5.    I enjoyed the party but I didn’t enjoy the music.
6.    Sarah phoned her mother but she didn’t phone her father.
7.    We played tennis in gym class but we didn’t play badmitten.
8.    My mother worked this morning but she didn’t work yesterday.
9.    It rained last night but it didn’t rain this morning.
10.  We cleaned our room but we didn’t clean the kitchen.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment