1. Did you watch TV at home last night?
2. I went to the movies on Saturday and enjoyed it very much.
3. She has a very healthy lifestyle.
4. There is a nice park in this street.
5. What is James eating?
6. I’m going to travel to England for my next holiday.
7. Sarah arrived early at the party.
8. Who does she go to the cinema with?
9. Why are you going with him?
10. Please clean your teeth before you go to bed!
11. This car isn’t ours. Is it yours?
12. British children often play some sport at school every day.
13. How much pocket money do you get every week?
California in focus
The state of California is on the west coast of the USA. It has a population of over 30 million and 6 million of these are Hispanic. Its largest cities are Los Angeles, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco and Sacramento (the state capital).
California’s landscape includes forests, deserts, mountains, rivers, valleys, and a beautiful coastline. Yosemite National Park is California’s biggest national park. It is famous for its giant sequoia redwood trees and has a variety of wildlife including coyotes, deer, golden eagles and even grizzly bears!
California is famous for its excellent climate, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. Oranges, lemons, and grapes grow all year. Some parts of California are extremely hot - Death Valley is one of the hottest places in the world, with temperatures over 50°C.
Californians love sports. In summer, people go surfing, swimming, windsurfing and sailing at places like Malibu on the Pacific coast. In winter they go skiing or snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Californians like to boast that they can go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon!