1. It took her a long time to recover from her illness.
It took her a long time ______________________ her illness.
2. I regret saying that to him.
________________________ that to him.
3. I’m sure that wasn’t Tony we saw. He’s in London.
It ____________________Tony we saw. He’s in London.
4. It is important that I post this letter tonight.
I ____________________ this letter tonight.
5. I’m sure the children have been doing something terrible while we’ve been out.
I’m sure the children ________________ something terrible while we’ve been out.
6. The mechanic checked the tyres on my car.
I ___________________ on my car.
7. I think you should go to bed now.
It’s _________________ to bed.
8. It was difficult for me to read the number plate in the fog.
I couldn’t _______________ the number plate in the fog.
9. Please don’t tell Andrew about our conversation.
I’d __________________ Andrew about our conversation.
10. Unless you start studying now, it’s possible that you will fail the exam.
You _______________you start studying now.
1.TO GET OVER
2.I WISH I HADN’T SAID
3.IT CAN’T HAVE BEEN
4. NEED TO POST
5. HAVE BEEN UP TO
6. HAD THE TYRES CHECKED
7. TIME YOU WENT
8. MAKE OUT
9. RATHER YOU DIDN’T
10. COULD FAIL IF YOU DON’T