Wednesday, August 19, 2020

CAE writing linking words - time

Over the last weeks we have looked at ways to chese your writing.  Here is yet one more reminder: linking words are a must!


CAE Writing: Linking Words
Time
Click on the answer A or B that completes each sentence. Find the solutions under the exercise.
1) ........ I didn't really enjoy the course, but after a while I really started to enjoy it.
  A    In the beginning
  B   At the beginning
2) ........ of the film the main character arrives in town looking for somewhere to stay.
  A    In the beginning
  B   At the beginning
3) We waited ages for a bus. ........ we decided to walk home.
  A    Eventually
  B   At last
4) The audience waited patiently for the delayed performance to start. ........ the curtain rose.
  A    Lastly
  B   At last
5) I waited for you ........ 10.00. I finally decided you weren't coming.
  A    before
  B   until
6) I managed to get the house tidy ........ my parents got home.
  A    before
  B   until
7) ........ had I gone to bed than I heard the phone ring.
  A    Hardly
  B   As soon as
8) I played a lot of tennis ........ I was on holiday.
  A    during
  B   while


Solutions: 1A              2 B            3A              4B              5B              6A              7A             8B

No comments:

Post a Comment