Saturday, December 15, 2018

Present simple or present continuous?

Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb. 
Use present simple or present continuous.

Today (be) _______(1) the first day at my new school. Right now,

it is lunch time, and all of the students (eat) _______ _________(2)

their lunches. 

They (sit) _______ _________(3) around the big table

in the cafeteria, (talk) ________(4) in small groups.

I (sit) _______ ________(5) alone. 

I (be) _______(6) pretty nervous.

 I (hope) _______(7) the other students

(not, think) _______ _______ ________(8) 

I am weird(komisch).

 I (write) _______ ________(9) in my diary(Tagebuch) 

right now to look like I (have) _______(10) something 

important to do.

For lunch today, I (have) _______(11) an apple, pretzels, and 

a tuna fish sandwich. I (hate) _______(12)

 tuna fish, but my mom (love) ________(13) it.

She (say) _______(14) it is good for me. 

She (pack) ________(15) it for me every day, so I (guess) 

________(16) I have to eat it.

I (also, have) ________ ________(17) some cookies.

At least I (like) ________(18) to eat those.

Hey! The girls at the big table (look) _______ ________(19) at me! 

What (they, want) _______ ________ ________(20)?

 They (laugh) _______ ________(21) at something.

What (they, laugh) _______ ________ _________(22) at?

I hope they (not, laugh) _______ _______ _________(23) at me.

I (get) _______ ________(24) nervous again.

Oh my gosh! One of them (come) ______ _________(25) 

this way! Stay calm, Rachel. 

She is not going to hurt you. She is just another girl like you, 

right?

Wait. Now she (hold) _______ _________(26) out her hand 

to me. Does she (want) ________(27) to be friends? 

What (she, do) _______ ________ _________(28)? 


Oh, I know! She (invite) _______ _________(29) me to her 

table!

 Maybe I (be, not) _______ _______(30) that weird after all! 




scroll down for the answers
.
.
.
.
.
.
1) is 

2) are eating 
3) are sitting 
4) talking 
5) am sitting
6) am 

7) hope 
8) do not think 
9) am writing 
10) have
11) have 1

2) hate 
13) loves 
14) says 
15) packs
16) guess 

17) also have 
18) like 
19) are looking
20) do they want 

21) are laughing
22) are they laughing 

23) are not laughing
24) am getting 

25) is coming 
26) is holding
27) want 

28) is she doing 
29) is inviting
30) am not

No comments:

Post a Comment