Monday, November 30, 2015

A Day in the Life of a Football Player...

This is a fun exercise to do together with one of your classmates, or someone who is also learning English.

Student A
My name is David Johnson and I’m from England. I’m a footballer and I play for Manchester United in the English Premier League. In England, football matches are usually on Saturday. I get up at 1) ................................... and have breakfast at nine o’clock. I usually have 2) ................................... In the morning, I 3) ................................. and read the newspaper. I go to the stadium at about half past eleven and have lunch at 4) ................................... with the other players. We usually have fish and vegetables. The match starts at 5) ................................... and finishes at about quarter to five. After the match, I 6) ................................... with the other players. In the evening, I usually go to a restaurant with my wife. When I get home, I 7) ................................... and then I go to bed at about half past eleven. I’m usually very tired and sleep for a long time. 


Complete the questions to find out the missing information. Write one word in each space.


What time ...................... ...................... ...................... ......................?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... for breakfast?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... in the morning?


What time ...................... ...................... ...................... lunch?


What time ...................... ...................... ...................... ......................?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... after the match?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... when he ...................... home?


Now, ask your partner the questions and complete the gaps.


Student B
My name is David Johnson and I’m from England. I’m a footballer and I play for Manchester United in the English Premier League. In England, football matches are usually on Saturday. I get up at half past seven and have breakfast at a) ................................... I usually have bacon and eggs. In the morning, I b) ................................... and watch TV with my children. I go to the stadium at about c) ................................. and have lunch at quarter past twelve with the other players. We usually have d) ................................... The match starts at three o’clock, and finishes at e) ................................... After the match I have a drink with the other players. In the evening, I usually f) ................................... with my wife. When I get home, I watch a movie on TV and then I go to bed at about g) ................................... I’m usually very tired and sleep for a long time.


Complete the questions to find out the missing information. Write one word in each space. 


What time ...................... ...................... ...................... breakfast?


What............................................do............................................morning?


What time..................................................................to the stadium?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... for lunch?


What time......................the match......................?


What ...................... ...................... ...................... in the evening?


What time ...................... ...................... ...................... to bed?

Now, ask your partner the questions and complete the gaps.

For the answers, you'll have to come back tomorrow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment