Friday, October 17, 2014

A/AN and SOME/ANY

To continue on some review of the basics, in English there are rules.  Let's see if you can remember them.

B. `a´ or `an´ ? (Countable Nouns)
  1. ____________ uncle
  2. ____________ hour
  3. ____________ bus
  4. ____________ dress
  5. ____________ oven
  6. ____________ beach
  7. ____________ teacher
  8. ____________ insect
  9. ____________ taxi
  10. ____________umbrella
  11. ____________player
  12. ____________eye
  13. ____________castle
  14. ____________artist
  15. ____________river
  16. ____________tent
  17. ____________doctor
  18. ____________exercise
  19. ____________lady
  20. ____________house
  21. ____________envelope
  22. ____________taxi
  23. ____________idea
  24. ____________computer
  25. ____________chair
Answers
  1. an uncle
  2. an hour
  3. a bus
  4. a dress
  5. an oven
  6. a beach
  7. a teacher
  8. an insect
  9. a taxi
  10. an umbrella
  11. a player
  12. an eye
  13. a castle
  14. an artist
  15. a river
  16. a tent
  17. a doctor
  18. an exercise
  19. a lady
  20. a house
  21. an envelope
  22. a taxi
  23. an idea
  24. a computer
  25. a chair

C. `a / an´, `some´ and `any´
  1. Lisa´s got a / an towel.
  2. Ana´s got a / some rucksack.
  3. Lucía’s got an / some insect repellent.
  4. Javi hasn´t got some / any sunglasses.
  5. Antonio´s got a / some swimming costume.
  6. Ignacio hasn´t got any / some sandwiches.
  7. Angeles has got an / a apple.
  8. There aren´t any / some cafés in the city.
  9. I haven´t got any / some money.
  10. Have you got some / any sun cream?
  11. We´ve got some / any sandwiches.
  12. We need a / an torch for our camping trip.
  13. There isn´t some / any litter on the beach.
  14. I´m going to buy any / an ice cream.
  15. Can I have some / a strawberries?
  16. You can have this cereal with some / a milk.
  17. I´ve got any / some fruit.
  18. There isn´t some / an elephant.
  19. There aren´t some / any sharks.
  20. Are there some / any plants?
  21. Is there a / an tree?
  22. Is there some / any cheese in the fridge?
  23. There is a / some water in the fridge?
  24. The supermarket´s got some / a strawberries.
  25. I´ve got a / some soup in the fridge.
Answers
  1. Lisa´s got a towel.
  2. Ana´s got a rucksack.
  3. Lucía’s got some insect repellent.
  4. Javi hasn´t got any sunglasses.
  5. Antonio´s got a swimming costume.
  6. Ignacio hasn´t got any sandwiches.
  7. Angeles has got an apple.
  8. There aren´t any cafés in the city.
  9. I haven´t got any money.
  10. Have you got any sun cream?
  11. We´ve got some sandwiches.
  12. We need a torch for our camping trip.
  13. There isn´t any litter on the beach.
  14. I´m going to buy an ice cream.
  15. Can I have some strawberries?
  16. You can have this cereal with some milk.
  17. I´ve got some fruit.
  18. There isn´t an elephant.
  19. There aren´t any sharks.
  20. Are there any plants?
  21. Is there a tree?
  22. Is there any cheese in the fridge?
  23. There is some water in the fridge?
  24. The supermarket´s got some strawberries.
  25. I´ve got some soup in the fridge.

D. `a / an´, `some´ and `any´
  1. There isn´t _________ electricity at the campsite.
  2. There aren´t _________ sunglasses in the shop.
  3. I´ve got _________ apple in my bag.
  4. There are _________ sandwiches.
  5. I´ll buy _________ bottle of water at the beach.
  6. I haven´t got _________ radios in my room.
  7. Is there _________ internet café in your town?
  8. There aren´t _________ computers in my classroom.
  9. Have you got _________ brothers and sisters?
  10. My teacher´s got _________ new car.
  11. There´s _________ water in the bottle.
  12. I´m going to buy _________ chips.
  13. There is _________ camera.
  14. She´s got _________ pear.
  15. You can have _________ potatoes.
  16. Have you got _________ lemons?
  17. I´ve got _________ cherries.
  18. We need _________ water.
  19. We´ve got _________ bread.
  20. We don´t need _________ strawberries.
  21. Have we got _________ cheese?
  22. Have you got _________ apple?
  23. We need _________ banana.
  24. I´ve got _________ orange juice.
  25. They haven´t got _________ hamburgers.
Answers
  1. There isn´t any electricity at the campsite.
  2. There aren´t any sunglasses in the shop.
  3. I´ve got an apple in my bag.
  4. There are some sandwiches.
  5. I´ll buy a bottle of water at the beach.
  6. I haven´t got any radios in my room.
  7. Is there an internet café in your town?
  8. There aren´t any computers in my classroom.
  9. Have you got any brothers and sisters?
  10. My teacher´s got a new car.
  11. There´s some water in the bottle.
  12. I´m going to buy some chips.
  13. There is a camera.
  14. She´s got a pear.
  15. You can have some potatoes.
  16. Have you got any lemons?
  17. I´ve got some cherries.
  18. We need some water.
  19. We´ve got some bread.
  20. We don´t need any strawberries.
  21. Have we got some cheese?
  22. Have you got an apple?
  23. We need a banana.
  24. I´ve got some orange juice.
  25. They haven´t got any hamburgers.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good learning technology.Learning this grammar can really help my Vocab...thank you

    ReplyDelete