Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Life without Money

Use these words to fill in the gaps.

of children to few money Heidemarie ticket student computer has Today something turns and job the house-sat circle money she me Before of but life earn She for you as society you all can have last in So the give want anything all year they tube Heidemarie using three are people book that holiday one experiment earn might the to they and money Dortmund


I’m___________(1) Schwermer, a 63-year-old German woman, __________(2) lived without money for the __________(3) ten years and has written a __________(4) about her experiences called ‘My __________(5) without money’. At the age __________(6) 54 Heidemarie gave up her __________(7) as a psychotherapist, gave away __________(8) her money and her flat __________(9) threw away her credit cards. __________(10), apart from a few clothes (__________(11) sweaters, two skirts, two pairs __________(12) shoes, and a coat) and a __________(13) personal belongings, she doesn’t own __________(14). It began as a one-year __________(15). In her home city of __________(16) she set up a ‘swapping __________(17)’ where people swap services without __________(18) money, for example, a haircut __________(19) a mathematics class. To prove __________(20) this could work she decided __________(21) give up using money for a __________(22). But when the year ended __________(23) continued and has not used __________(24) since then. At first she __________(25) for friends who were on __________(26). She stayed in their house __________(27) return for watering the plants __________(28) looking after their animals. At __________(29) moment she is staying in a __________(30) residence where she can sleep, __________(31) a shower, or use a __________(32) in return for cooking for __________(33) young people who live there. __________(34) also ‘works’ as a psychotherapist. ‘__________(35) I treated very wealthy people __________(36) now I help anyone who __________(37) up. Sometimes they give me __________(38) in return, but not always.’ __________(39) says, ‘I can live thanks __________(40) my contacts. A lot of __________(41) who know me understand what __________(42) doing and want to help __________(43). When I need a bus __________(44), for example, or a new __________(45) of toothpaste I think, “Who __________(46) I ask? What can I __________(47) them in return?” If I __________(48) to go to the cinema I __________(49) offer to look after somebody’s __________(50) for the afternoon. ‘It is __________(51) of the mistakes of our __________(52) that most people do something __________(53) don’t like just to earn __________(54) and spend it on things __________(55) don’t need. Many people judge __________(56) according to how much you __________(57). In my opinion, all jobs __________(58) equally important. You may not __________(59) a lot of money but __________(60) may be worth a lot __________(61) a person. That’s my message’. __________(62) what did she do with __________(63) the money she earned from __________(64) sales of ‘My life without __________(65)’? ‘I gave it all away…’

No comments:

Post a Comment